Join Crisis and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation to discuss the findings of The Homelessness Monitor: Wales 2017. The research, carried out by Heriot-Watt University, is a longitudinal study that monitors the impact on homelessness of recent economic and policy changes and looked at a range of issues including:
- How well Wales is preventing homelessness through recent legislation changes and programmes to tackle poverty.
- Latest picture of rough sleeping across Wales.
- The current and potential future impact of welfare reform on homelessness.
The event will bring together those with an interest in homelessness and speakers will include Chief Executive of Crisis, Jon Sparkes (chair), and Dr Victoria Winckler of the Bevan Foundation on a panel session.
The lead authors Prof. Suzanne Fitzpatrick and Prof. Steve Wilcox will provide a presentation of the main findings and implications of the report followed by the opportunity to discuss the findings and their impact on current and future policy and practice. Simon Prothero from Welsh Government will also respond to the findings and join the discussion panel.
- Date: Thursday 16th November
- Time: 10:30 - 13.30
- Venue: ATRiuM, 86-88 Adam Street, Cardiff, University of South Wales, CF24 2FN
- Cost: Free (Copies of the monitor will be available at the event)
- Click here to view the agenda
For more information about the event please contact us at email@example.com